Input on privacy goal

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jan 22 12:42:25 GMT 2018

On Monday, January 22, 2018 1:25:55 PM CET Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> So, can more people please share their plans, even if small, that impact
> privacy in KDE software?

Well... I don't really have plans.

We fixed an issue last year where people's name could get leaked into saved
images.

We're considering currently building a welcome screen to help people
understand that they need to open or create an image: one of the things we'd
love to have in there is an rss feed with news from the krita website, but
because that could be seen as phoning home, it probably won't happen.

Finally, last year's gsoc project for telemetry did not end up being mergable,
so that's unlikely to happen. The student had not implemented it according to
the telemetry policy.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org