Telemetry Policy

Christian Loosli kde at fuchsnet.ch
Wed Aug 16 14:22:51 BST 2017

Am Mittwoch, 16. August 2017, 11:46:12 CEST schrieb Volker Krause:

> Valid point, I've added a statement to the policy asking distributors of our
> products to respect the rules too.

Thank you very much :)

> I don't think we can make this a hard requirement (as in: you lose the right
> to distribute our software), in my understanding that would be conflicting
> with the freedom guaranteed by the GPL.

You indeed can't. And whilst I personally think that the GPL is a not so great
license, better ones don't accept that either. And GPL is set, so that's
hypothetical anyway.

That's perfectly fine though, fortunately there are distributions to choose out
of, so if one decides it would like to override privacy setting
recommendations from upstream, I think users concerned with that kind of thing
can and simply will switch distributions.

> Regards,
> Volker

Thanks for your work, kind regards,

Christian