Telemetry Policy

Martin Flöser mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Aug 13 11:56:27 BST 2017

Am 2017-08-13 11:47, schrieb Volker Krause:
> Hi,
>
> during the KUserFeedback BoF at Akademy there was quite some interest
> in
> collecting telemetry data in KDE applications. But before actually
> implementing that we agreed to define the rules under which we would
> want to
> do that. I've tried to put the input we collected during Akademy into
> proper
> wording below. What do you think? Did I miss anything?

To me it looks good!

I have some additional requests:
  * the collected data must be made available to the public (mostly
thinking of research institutes here)
  * data must be made available under a CC license (CC0?)
  * maybe allow the user to delete the dataset again (difficult as that
conflicts with making the data public and would require authentication
which is the opposite to anonymity).

Cheers
Martin