Open Source Survey

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Sat Apr 15 12:39:04 BST 2017

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org> wrote:
> Um, from the landing page of that URL I get:
>
> ===
> We're inviting you to take part based on having visited an open source project
> on GitHub or indicating interest in an open source project hosted elsewhere.
> This survey is open to anyone who uses, contributes to, or thinks about open
> source software, but we are sampling carefully in order to ensure that the
> data is unbiased, so please do not tweet or otherwise share this link.
> ===
>
> So unless the kde-community mailing list is really smart in re-writing the
> link, *or* you've got some kind of agreement with GitHub that this is a
> possibly biased, not-carefully-sampled, community survey, I don't think this
> is going to work out well.
>
> Please advise.

They are sampling by community. We have this special link I posted for
all people answering from KDE. (One person from a community needs to
request it, which I did.)
Hope that clarifies it.

Cheers
Lydia

KDE e.V. Board of Directors / KDE Community Working Group
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org