Open Source Survey

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sat Apr 15 12:35:37 BST 2017

On Saturday 15 April 2017 13:22:06 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> understand the people who use and create open source technologies. No
> personally identifiable information will be solicited, and will remove
> any that is provided before publicly releasing the data.
> Please take 10-15 minutes to share your perspective by April 28.
>
> https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/<something>

Um, from the landing page of that URL I get:

===
We're inviting you to take part based on having visited an open source project
on GitHub or indicating interest in an open source project hosted elsewhere.
This survey is open to anyone who uses, contributes to, or thinks about open
source software, but we are sampling carefully in order to ensure that the
data is unbiased, so please do not tweet or otherwise share this link.
===

So unless the kde-community mailing list is really smart in re-writing the
link, *or* you've got some kind of agreement with GitHub that this is a
possibly biased, not-carefully-sampled, community survey, I don't think this
is going to work out well.

Please advise.

[ade]