KDE licence policy update

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri Feb 10 17:52:06 GMT 2017

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 06:48:41PM +0100, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> I fail to understand why FDL is dropped for Documentation, content on userbase
> is still dual licensed  (CC_BY-SA 3.0 and FDL 1.2) and even the
> Licensing_Policy/Draft content itself is available under Creative Commons
> License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2

Simplification, FDL is a little used licence and keeping it would mean
we couldn't share content the CC licenced sources.  It serves no
special purpose.  It has a poor reputation due to the unused non-free
options and it isn't maintained so if there's a problem with it we'd
have nobody to back us up.

Jonathan