Mycroft Plasmoid & Request to Join The Community

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sun Jan 15 23:32:31 GMT 2017

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 6:22 AM, Aditya Mehra <aix.m at outlook.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I recently released the Mycroft Plasmoid for Plasma 5 Desktop. The plasmoid
> is a frontend to Mycroft Ai which could be described as a digital desktop
> assistant. The plasmoid with the core provides users a number of skills and
> widgets which can be interacted with via text and voice input.
>
> I am posting this email as I would like the Mycroft Plasmoid project to be a
> part of the KDE community. I have my repository for the plasmoid hosted on
> github where I am currently doing most of the releases. I have additionally
> followed the packaging guidelines / structure of other available C++/QML
> plasmoids, but as I am quite new to the development process I do not have
> much of an idea on how to go about hosting this on the KDE infrastructure
> and joining the community. I would like to request someone to please guide
> me with this process and how I can contribute to the community.
>
> The current hosted git repository can be found at:
> https://github.com/aiix/mycroftplasmoid and the demo of the plasmoid at:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUhvKTq6c40
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Aditya Mehra

Hi Aditya,
I'm glad to see you're interested in the project joining KDE. I agree
it would be interesting.
It covers areas that will become important soon enough on our systems
and I'd certainly like to be prepared.

Besides incubating your project as Thomas suggested, I also think it
could be interesting to approach directly the Plasma team and discuss
which ways we could integrate further.

Good work!
Aleix