[kde-community] [kde-promo] Call for volunteers - Shortfilms on KDE community members

R.Harish Navnit harishnavnit at gmail.com
Sat May 14 17:59:52 BST 2016

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 6:31 PM, Lays Rodrigues
<laysrodriguessilva at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Harish,
Hi Lays !
> I'm interested in help. But I'm in Brazil, how can we do it?
Thank you for offerring your help. So, I'm in India and that's not ideal either.

So assuming we want to have make these films in time for the 20th
birthday, i.e October 14, we can team up at QtCon and maybe spend an
extra week or two in filming some stories. We might even be able to
find a few more volunteers at QtCon if we're lucky. Would that work
fine for you ?

But if we want to showcase the films at QtCon, that's going to be a
little difficult indeed(as majority of the long term KDE folks are in
based in Europe). I think meeting up at QtCon and then moving forward
would be the most effective(cost and otherwise) way to go forward. Do
you have any suggestions ?

P.S: Sorry for the late reply. I was busy with my university exams.
> Regards,
>

> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 8:15 AM, R.Harish Navnit <harishnavnit at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> Few weeks ago, I proposed the idea[1] of making shortfilms/documentaries on the people who work on KDE's projects and how it has affected their lives and how their work is impacting the lives of others. This should be done in time for the 20th anniversary(or do we want to showcase it at QtCon ?)
>>
>> Personally speaking, I'm really excited at this idea and would love to see it happen.
>> For that however, we need some folks to volunteer and help out. Would you like to help out and more importantly be available for maybe a week or two. Yes, we might have to go out and gather footage from the daily lives of people, who don't mind being on camera and who have made an impact on the KDE community.
>>
>> There are two types of volunteers I'm looking for. (i) Those who can help in filming stories and (ii) people who are willing to be a part of the films, depicting their stories.  Depending on the number of volunteers, we can split up into teams and cover a few stories.
>>
>> Is there any interest in this ? Kindly let me know at the earliest.
>>
>> I  made some notes on an notes.ko and if you have something to add, please feel free to do so : https://notes.kde.org/p/twentieth-anniversary-promo
>>
>> I hope we can make it big. Thank you for your time.
>>
>> [1] https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-community/2016q2/002618.html

Cheers,
Harish