[kde-community] Call for volunteers - Shortfilms on KDE community members

R.Harish Navnit harishnavnit at gmail.com
Thu May 12 12:15:17 BST 2016

Hey everyone,

Few weeks ago, I proposed the idea[1] of making shortfilms/documentaries on
the people who work on KDE's projects and how it has affected their lives
and how their work is impacting the lives of others. This should be done in
time for the 20th anniversary(or do we want to showcase it at QtCon ?)

Personally speaking, I'm really excited at this idea and would love to see
it happen.
​For that however, we need some folks to volunteer and help out. Would you
like to help out and more importantly be available for maybe a week or two.
Yes, we might have to go out and gather footage from the daily lives of
people, who don't mind being on camera and who have made an impact on the
KDE community.

There are two types of volunteers I'm looking for. (i) Those who can help
in filming stories and (ii) people who are willing to be a part of the
films, depicting their stories.  Depending on the number of volunteers, we
can split up into teams and cover a few stories.

Is there any interest in this ? Kindly let me know at the earliest.

I  made some notes on an notes.ko and if you have something to add, please
feel free to do so : https://notes.kde.org/p/twentieth-anniversary-promo

I hope we can make it big. Thank you for your time.

[1] https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-community/2016q2/002618.html

​Cheers,
Harish