[kde-community] KDE's 20th birthday

R.Harish Navnit harishnavnit at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 17:23:11 BST 2016

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Clemens Toennies <starbuck at netrunner-os.com
> wrote:

> Am 31.03.2016 um 09:22 schrieb Lydia Pintscher:
>
> On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 3:49 PM Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
>
>> Hey folks :)
>>
>> Next year in October we will celebrate KDE's 20th birthday. This is
>> still quite a bit in the future but we should start brainstorming
>> ideas for what to do. I've started a wiki page:
>> https://community.kde.org/20th_birthday Please add your ideas.
>>

> Hey folks :)
>
> I wanted to bring this up again as we need to get going in order to make a
> splash at QtCon about our 20th anniversary this year. Please go ahead and
> add your ideas. Even better: Anyone up for stepping up to lead this?
>

> I really like what is already there, especially the points from Alex N.
> They make it very clear how we aim to go for the KDE vision, so +1 from me.

I really like the idea of a KDE1 theme for plasma. Looking forward to that
! :-)

In addition, I have a rather wild idea. What do you think about making a
short video(s) depicting a typical day in a KDE
developer/contributor/sysadmin's life ? Or a short documentary(need not be
so intense or professional FWIW) on people behind KDE. I know there is
behindkde.org , and we could just add a few more interviews there, if
nothing else.
But I feel doing interviews(not your regular hangout sessions and stuff, a
bit more like a documentary, sort of) would be really interesting and would
definitely be an attention grabber.

Considering the occasion, I feel attempting something like this is worth a
shot. Of course, we'll need volunteers for this. If you like the idea, feel
it's relevant, let me know. As of now, I'm most likely the only volunteer.
Anyone willing to join in ?

Cheers,
R.Harish Navnit
The Enigma <http://harishnavnit.wordpress.com>