[kde-community] QtCon/Akademy 2016 Talks Committee

Kenny Duffus kenny at kde.org
Sat Mar 5 11:08:30 GMT 2016

On Friday, 4 March 2016 21:24:35 GMT, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> Hi! Sorry I missed this last weekend.
>
> On Sunday 28 February 2016 10:35:39 Kenny Duffus wrote:
>> We are looking for people to join the QtCon/Akademy Talks Committee for
>> 2016.
>
> Is that for both conferences, or mostly Akademy? I mean, I'd
> feel comfortable
> with Akademy, not so much with QtCon, because I know the audience.

The plan is to have people looking at content they understand. There will
be talks etc aimed at primarily KDE/VLC/Qt/FSFE and others that would have
a wider potential audience

>> The committee comes up with some suggested themes in the CfP
>> and decides on
>> the selection of talks from the submissions. So they are a very important
>> part of making the conference a success.
>
> Is there some overriding theme already?

That is something for the committee to come up with in partnership with the
QtCon team

https://akademy.kde.org/2015/cfp

> Can the committee just wing it (my personal hobby-horse would be
> attaching to the Randa meetings and the KDE Distro outreach, for instance).

Sorry not to sure what you were meaning there?

--

	Kenny