[kde-community] QtCon/Akademy 2016 Talks Committee

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri Mar 4 21:24:35 GMT 2016

Hi! Sorry I missed this last weekend.

On Sunday 28 February 2016 10:35:39 Kenny Duffus wrote:
> We are looking for people to join the QtCon/Akademy Talks Committee for
> 2016.

Is that for both conferences, or mostly Akademy? I mean, I'd feel comfortable
with Akademy, not so much with QtCon, because I know the audience.

> The committee comes up with some suggested themes in the CfP and decides on
> the selection of talks from the submissions. So they are a very important
> part of making the conference a success.

Is there some overriding theme already? Materials from last years as an
example? Can the committee just wing it (my personal hobby-horse would be
attaching to the Randa meetings and the KDE Distro outreach, for instance).

> If you would like to be involved in this please let me know.

[ade]