[kde-community] KDE has been selected as a Google Summer of Code 2016 mentor organization

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:54:11 GMT 2016

Yesterday we got the email we'd been waiting for, beginning:
"Congratulations! KDE has been selected as a Google Summer of Code
2016 mentor organization.

Please click here to visit your organization profile and start adding mentors."

That last bit is new. If you plan to mentor, please

1. Message one of us admins with your google-connected account email
as soon as possible

2. Subscribe to KDE-Soc-Mentor ML:

3. Check out your team and ideas on the GSoC Ideas page, and improve
if necessary: https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2016/Ideas

Pay particular attention to communication methods; many of the
students are new to open source, and may not be familar with/or cannot
access IRC channels. Telegram is a good free-ish fallback which is
working well for some teams.

The wikis are open for edits again; if you run into difficulties
logging in, please see
https://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/Wiki-Phablogin or stop by #kde-www
in freenode if all else fails.

Valorie