[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - an alternative draft for discussion

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Sat Feb 6 18:39:35 GMT 2016

On Samstag, 6. Februar 2016 16:47:31 CET Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Yes. I think the vision statement needs to be complemented by a mission
> statement. But I think, before we tackle the mission statement, we should
> nail down the vision.

That exactly was our (the "inclusive vision group") plan.
And it now looks to me that maybe the actual Vision part of the "focused
version" isn't all that different form the other one.

It feels to me that we all agree far more on the vision than the mission. We
all want the same in the end (end-users are in control of their devices and
software, and can keep their privacy), we just prefer different paths toward
that goal (the mission).

Am I right or am I missing something?