[kde-community] Differences between proposed vision drafts (or "inclusive" vs "focused")

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Feb 5 16:22:11 GMT 2016

On Thursday 04 February 2016 21:16:41 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> the vision draft we present here is not a long term vision which changes the
> future of computing.
> It presents ambitious, but realistic goals for the next few years.
> Currently KDE applications and the desktop are successful on desktop Linux
> (and BSD etc.). But there is so much territory to conquer beyond that, while
> (for now) staying focused on GUIs.
> Let's make KDE applications as well known as Firefox or LibreOffice.
>
> (This also implies that a vision statement needs updating over the years as
> circumstances change.)

Please (re-)read
https://topnonprofits.com/examples/vision-statements/
and tell me which of those 30 vision statements you think need "updating over
the years as circumstances change."

As I wrote in my other message, I believe that what you propose is more a
mission statement. And mission statements do indeed need to be updated from
time to time.

Regards,
Ingo