[kde-community] What is a GitHub pull request exactly?

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sat Sep 19 22:51:07 BST 2015

On 09/19/2015 11:38 PM, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> I am feeling strong enough to trust people and integrate with the
> outside world.
> With any git storages that count in this world.

And it's OK to have that opinion and voice it. The reason we are
having a thread is because our individual opinions and actions
affect each other so sometimes we need to build a consensus around
a position. That's what being part of a community means. Often the
consensus-building (and later upholding the consensus) is more
important than the actual outcome of the decision.

The reasons it's really hard for us in this case are that the
positions are very very difficult to compromise on and involve
things people feel strongly about.

To move forward, we need to either agree on a position or com-
promise, or decide on a device to make a decision (e.g. a vote)
or develop some sort of acceptable plan to try one the positions
out.

Cheers,
Eike