[kde-community] Write our own pull request bot?

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 18:49:22 BST 2015

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 1:42 PM, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:

> Sure, but why would increase this situation further on?

Sorry, I don't understand this question.

> I agree with everything that Sune wrote. Reaching them might be
> particularly important when changing license just for one of those.
> There could be numerous other valid examples.
>
> Why put energy into making sure that they can diverge from the normal
> workflow rather than putting energy on making sure that the workflow
> is known and easy to get?

To get the best of both worlds.

> There used to be life before github, too. This is exactly the vendor
> lock-in, when some people can no longer breat without it for such
> simple things.

We wouldn't get no lock-in though. Not even remotely. It will simply
be another path for an incoming patch. If the patch in question ends
up on Phabricator and gets reviewed on Phabricator and merged from
Phabricator, it is no different than the patch initially arriving by email,
irc/paste etc. Just a different input route.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer