[kde-community] Write our own pull request bot?

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sat Sep 19 18:16:01 BST 2015

On 09/19/2015 07:04 PM, Martin Klapetek wrote:
> The only limitation I see is the needed Identity account for submitting
> patches on phabricator (right?), but other than that, how hard can it
> be(tm)?

The problem with that is that it's another variant of
"doing GitHub, but badly". It's an improvement over
auto-reject, but it doesn't really give GitHub users
the full GitHub experience because they can't use git
to interact with the pull request ref any further -
after the initial submit they still need Iko and use
Phab or arc.

If people are happy with that compromise I could work
myself up to being indifferent toward it, but it
expect it doesn't recoup all of the benefits the pro=
GitHub side sees and it'd also still snub some of the
GitHub audience.

Cheers,
Eike