[kde-community] Official KDE mirror on github

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Sat Sep 19 11:29:31 BST 2015

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic at kde.org> wrote:
> alternatives. Just as they do not have access to my personal inbox
>> where much corresponse often happens, and patches are discussed.
>
> Not sure that this is a statement you want to advertise, since it
> implies that the development happens behind the closed doors. (yes, we
> all do that sometimes, but is should not be a part of our workflow,
> and not something we should be proud of)
>
> Now, with GitHub, it would not be exactly 'development behind the
> closed doors' but for a lot of us it would be basically the same. As
> Martin mentioned, this would be hidden from his eyes since he has no
> intention to follow development on GitHub.

Some development does happen behind closed doors. Someone sends me a
patch, I commit it, and then point them towards reviewboard for the
next time. Ditto with bugs actually. I get reports via IRC, emails,
Google+ and even FB (once). If it is minor I act on it, if it isn't I
point the user towards bugzilla or just file a bug myself so that I
don't forget.

--
Vishesh Handa