[kde-community] Official KDE mirror on github

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sat Sep 19 11:09:39 BST 2015

> alternatives. Just as they do not have access to my personal inbox
> where much corresponse often happens, and patches are discussed.

Not sure that this is a statement you want to advertise, since it
implies that the development happens behind the closed doors. (yes, we
all do that sometimes, but is should not be a part of our workflow,
and not something we should be proud of)

Now, with GitHub, it would not be exactly 'development behind the
closed doors' but for a lot of us it would be basically the same. As
Martin mentioned, this would be hidden from his eyes since he has no
intention to follow development on GitHub.

> Nor would we be depending on GitHub. We would still have our own
> infrastructure, which we would be recommending.

If something happened to GH, all the discussions regarding patches
(that went through it) would be lost. So, it is not like Krita's
Windows binaries - if Windows went away, we would lose nothing.

Cheers,
Ivan

Cheerio,
Ivan