[kde-community] Official KDE mirror on github

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Sat Sep 19 01:17:18 BST 2015

On Saturday, September 19, 2015 02:12:13 AM Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > I would prefer us to be more pragmatic. If an adequate free-software
> > tool exists, lets try to use it. If a proprietary tool provides a
> > better experience lets use that. For my own projects I will advocate
> > reviewboard/phabricator, but I'm comfortable excepting a fly-by patch
> > on github. Specially since they provide a simple web-UI for making
> > changes.
>
> Bollocks, github is awful to use, it took me like 15 minutes to learn how
> to  submit a patch, just because you're used to it doesn't mean it's
> easier.

It depends where other people are!

If a developer has a small fix to propose, and can just hack it through and
use a known account and a familiar interface, so be it... github's interface
is not magical just like KDE's one is not. ;-)

A big +1 with letting KDE projects free to experiment whatever (complimentary)
tools they like best.

Bye,
-Riccardo