[kde-community] Official KDE mirror on github

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Sep 19 01:12:13 BST 2015

El Divendres, 18 de setembre de 2015, a les 23:28:37, Vishesh Handa va
escriure:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 10:14 PM, Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin at kde.org>
wrote:
> > So I join Sune, Eike and Marco: "Free software needs free tools, no
> > proprietary pull requests for KDE development!"
>
> -1
>
> I would prefer us to be more pragmatic. If an adequate free-software
> tool exists, lets try to use it. If a proprietary tool provides a
> better experience lets use that. For my own projects I will advocate
> reviewboard/phabricator, but I'm comfortable excepting a fly-by patch
> on github. Specially since they provide a simple web-UI for making
> changes.

Bollocks, github is awful to use, it took me like 15 minutes to learn how to
submit a patch, just because you're used to it doesn't mean it's easier.

> In general, I'm quite alarmed by how people are advocating their
> principles for ALL kde projects without any scope for negotiations for
> different projects. I fear that this will just drive people/projects
> away from KDE.

KDE is *one* project and we have one set of principles coded in the manifesto.

Cheers,
  Albert