[kde-community] Official KDE mirror on github
mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Aug 17 05:46:44 UTC 2015
over the last months I observed the following:
* people not finding our git repositories
* people being surprised that our code is not on github
* some projects starting to use github in addition to our own infrastructure
Whether we like it or not, github has become a place to look for free software
nowadays and if you are not on github your software just doesn't exist. Given
that we can say KDE doesn't produce source code because we are not on github.
Other projects have an official mirror (see e.g. ) which solves the three
points I have listed above.
I suggest that we:
* introduce an official mirror for all KDE repositories on github
* replace all existing (non-official) clones
* disallow pull-requests on github to not replace our development model by a
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 181 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the kde-community