[kde-community] GSoC ideas page

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Sun Feb 8 12:06:35 GMT 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 7:45 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks, it is time to start posting GSoC ideas.
>
> I've copy/pasted the 2014 page and called it 2015 - so most of those
> ideas shouldn't be there. If you had an idea posted last year, and do
> not want it presented this year, please go to
> https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2015/Ideas and erase it, or replace it
> by an idea you want to mentor this year.
>
> I don't want to remove all of them because some should be there.

I think it would be better to remove the ones that have not actively
been put on the page. If we're not sure if it is a viable idea for
GSoC 2015 it shouldn't be on that page. It's just confusing for
students and us because we don't know which teams actually actively
want to take part as opposed to just didn't bother to clean up the
page. And copying from the old page isn't hard ;-)

Cheers
Lydia

KDE e.V. Board of Directors / KDE Community Working Group
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org