[kde-community] GSoC ideas page

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 23:30:19 GMT 2015

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 4:06 AM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 7:45 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi folks, it is time to start posting GSoC ideas.
>>
>> I've copy/pasted the 2014 page and called it 2015 - so most of those
>> ideas shouldn't be there. If you had an idea posted last year, and do
>> not want it presented this year, please go to
>> https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2015/Ideas and erase it, or replace it
>> by an idea you want to mentor this year.
>>
>> I don't want to remove all of them because some should be there.
>
> I think it would be better to remove the ones that have not actively
> been put on the page. If we're not sure if it is a viable idea for
> GSoC 2015 it shouldn't be on that page. It's just confusing for
> students and us because we don't know which teams actually actively
> want to take part as opposed to just didn't bother to clean up the
> page. And copying from the old page isn't hard ;-)
>

> Cheers
> Lydia

Perhaps I should have done that, however, quite a few edits have been done now.

So let us say - if you or your team posted an idea last year, please
remove or update it. If your team will be participating, please get
your ideas up now.

Feb. 20 is the deadline for org applications, and we don't want to be
scrambling at the last minute. If you plan to mentor, now is the time
to ensure that you are subscribed to KDE-Soc-Mentor list.[1]

All the best,

Valorie