[kde-community] KDE office (was: Your KDE highlight of 2014?)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Dec 24 23:52:41 GMT 2014

On Wednesday, December 24, 2014 08.17:58 Laszlo Papp wrote:
> Let us get this off-topic out of the highlight thread...
>
> > This gave me the idea, why not setup other KDE offices, by sharing space.
> > I would be very interested in making that happen here in south west of UK
> Well, living on the south east of England (London, Cambridge,
> Brighton, etc), I am sceptical even here whether this would be
> sustainable

Sustainable or not, I would expect there to be concerns with people
independently setting up offices branded "KDE". Assuming KDE cares about its
brandname and reputation, it's a pretty risky precedent to start rolling.

Having shared / open work spaces for people with common interests such as KDE
is a great concept and can (and does) work ... using the KDE trademark as the
label for them, though ... .. .

--
Aaron J. Seigo