[kde-community] RFC: Announcing new mailing lists

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sun Dec 21 11:47:19 GMT 2014

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org> wrote:
> On Saturday, 2014-12-20, 21:21:01, Laszlo Papp wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
>> > El Dissabte, 20 de desembre de 2014, a les 22:19:35, Ben Cooksley va
> escriure:

>> > But you're the only ones knowing that a mailing list has created. And as
>> > far as i understand there's a description field asked when requesting a
>> > list no? Could automatically send an email here saying "List X was
>> > created with description Y".
>>
>> +1.
>>
>> If it is not automated, it will likely not be done properly as some
>> people will forget about it. It ought to be easy to implement, too.
>
> The person requesting the list will get a notification mail when the list has
> been set up.
>
> So we just need to make sure that this mail contains text that says something
> like "Consider announcing the availability of your new list to the wider KDE
> community by posting an introduction to kde-community at kde.org"

Just to clarify: that is the case that I was trying to write about, in
my previous email. There is the possiblity in there to be missed. If
it is automated and it is generated automatically in the same step,
there cannot be such a miss occurring.

Even if it is not missed, it is still manual work to be done rather
than done automatically.

Having said that, as long as I am not involved (which is likely the
case as it currently seems), either works for me.