[kde-community] RFC: Announcing new mailing lists

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Sun Dec 21 22:16:07 GMT 2014

Am Samstag, 20. Dezember 2014, 22.21:01 schrieb Laszlo Papp:

Morning

[sbip]

> > But you're the only ones knowing that a mailing list has created. And as
> > far as i understand there's a description field asked when requesting a
> > list no? Could automatically send an email here saying "List X was
> > created with description Y".
>
> +1.
>
> If it is not automated, it will likely not be done properly as some
> people will forget about it. It ought to be easy to implement, too.

+1 for automating it. At the moment I don't see a reason why the creation of a
new mailing list shouldn't be announced and if it's automatable let's do it.
Then we don't forget it. What's the advantage of telling the requester to
announce in comparison to do it automatically?

griits
Mario