[kde-community] Give People Access to Great Technology - a possible vision

David Wright david.wright12886 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 22:44:45 BST 2014

I wonder whether going forward we would be better served by asking the
question of our users, 'What do you need KDE* to be for you?'

Because essentially we are saying that with plasma 5 and kf5 it could be
anything you want it to be.

Maybe we should start by splitting this into commercial and consumer needs
and take it from there. I know from my company that KDE would suit us as
KDE for Windows would allow us to slowly shift over desktop apps first,
before swapping out the  o/s from underneath. We can't be the only company
in a similar boat.

*By KDE here im referring to the software, as I'm not sure what the term is
for the amalgamation of plasma 5 / kf5 & applications

Ps. Typing this on my phone in a tent in Wales, UK, so sorry if it reads a
bit disjointed.