[kde-community] Proposal One: KDE (Core) Apps and Suites

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Apr 23 22:52:11 BST 2014

El Dimarts, 22 d'abril de 2014, a les 11:53:19, Luigi Toscano va escriure:
> On Tuesday 22 of April 2014 11:31:02 Mario Fux wrote:
> > About the current modules [1] we have and released it's a very unbalanced
> > thing. Just compare KDEAdmin or KDEToys with KDEEdu or KDEPIM. So I think
> > reduction and rearrangement is the best thing.
>
> Just a very tiny note for the record: when KDEToys was moved to git, the
> idea floating around (I asked on IRC, I should check my logs) was to remove
> it and move the three programs to other modules. IIRC kdegames for amor,
> kdepim for kteatime and kdeartwork (or workspace?) for ktux.
>
> It was not done at that time I think to avoid too many changes at the same
> time (module splits introduce further work for packagers).

Since we just release the tarballs of the repos separate you can move stuff as
you please releasing wise, the only things affected I can think of is the that
we need to move the .po files and do some moving of jobs in build.kde.org

Cheers,
  Albert