[kde-community] Plasmoids and Apps - was - Re: Applications in KDE Generation 5

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 17:42:14 GMT 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 6:29 PM, Martin Sandsmark
<martin.sandsmark at kde.org>wrote:

> The obvious downsides things being replaced would suffer from, thanks to
> the
> immature state of the desktop components, and not including the previously
> mentioned obviously broken components; dreadful performance, no proper
> accelerator management, no form layouts, and poor QStyle support (both
> Oxygen
> and QtCurve has worked around some of them now, though, but I doubt it will
> be good for a long, long while).

Just for the record, we now have almost 1-to-1 visual consistency of
QtQuickControls with Oxygen style and classic QWidgets with Oxygen style.
Couple patches are still pending. The QStyle support in QQC may be a bit
hack~ish, but I wouldn't say exactly poor - in fact, all the default Qt
styles work fine with QQC (that includes Windows and OS X QStyles).

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer