[kde-community] Plasmoids and Apps - was - Re: Applications in KDE Generation 5

Martin Sandsmark martin.sandsmark at kde.org
Mon Jan 20 19:48:45 GMT 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 06:42:14PM +0100, Martin Klapetek wrote:
> Just for the record, we now have almost 1-to-1 visual consistency of
> QtQuickControls with Oxygen style and classic QWidgets with Oxygen style.
> Couple patches are still pending.

I think the amount of work that has gone into Oxygen for this speaks for
itself, though.

> The QStyle support in QQC may be a bit hack~ish, but I wouldn't say exactly
> poor - in fact, all the default Qt styles work fine with QQC (that includes
> Windows and OS X QStyles).

Obviously, otherwise QQC could hardly have been released. :-)

But not everyone use the default styles that ship with Qt5. Hopefully this
will improve, though I'm not very hopeful since people just hack around stuff
in the styles themselves.

--
Martin Sandsmark