[kde-community] The KDE Incubator needs YOU

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Dec 17 20:45:55 GMT 2013

Hello community,

This year during Akademy I announced the idea to create an incubator for
projects joining our community. We also had a BoF on the topic to collect
opinions and ideas from people.

Now fast forward a couple of months, some work has been done toward putting
such an incubator into place. The current state is available on our wiki:
http://community.kde.org/Incubator

Unfortunately it's going much slower than needed, and it's even slowing down.
It's time for me to realize that I might not be the right person to put that
into place. It is clear I failed at giving enough energy to this work.

That's why I'm announcing that I'm stepping down from that work. I still think
the idea is sound so I'd love to put it in better hands. If like me, you think
the incubator idea is important and you can devote some time and energy to it,
I urge you to step up to push it forward and get it active.

I don't think much more is missing apart from preparing a starting kit for new
projects, communicating around it, and contacting potential projects. Indeed,
even slow, some work happened. On the wiki there is a draft process, and all
the notes collected during the BoF and while looking at other incubators. The
process might need some more work of course but I think it's getting
somewhere.

So, who's up for the challenge?

Regards.
--