[kde-community] Proposal: KDE Manifesto wording revision, "financial support"

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Nov 12 20:27:35 GMT 2013

On Monday 11 November 2013 22:38:21 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Diumenge, 10 de novembre de 2013, a les 18:28:58, Kevin Ottens va
escriure:
> > Hello community,
> >
> > Any opinions on this? I'd like to collect feedback before proceeding with
> > vote of the e.V. membership and then a push.
>
> What's the rationale in the "Be considered for financial support" ->
> "Receive financial support" change?
>
> I mean yes, we try to suppport financially projects as much as we can, but
> this sounds a bit too much as in "free money" for me :D

I'd say you're reading more than there is in that change. The whole page is
about potentialities, like (for instance) the announcements and promotion
channels... it's clearly not automatic, need to find someone available etc.
That's the same way for the financial support, need available funds in the
first place.

Cheers.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net