[kde-community] Proposal: KDE Manifesto wording revision

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Mon Nov 11 09:56:11 GMT 2013

On Monday 11 November 2013 10:29:07 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> i’ll also point out that we already have a tiered system: maintainers.

Psychology matters. It's a lot easier to step up to become a
maintainer if the number of process barriers is low, when the
access model informs you of your basic right to grow in that
direction, and when you have examples of others having taken
this step while working within the same system and structure -
if the access model diversifies from project to project, that
last part breaks down, too.

Take that from someone who became the maintainer of a KDE pro-
ject within about a year of getting a contributor account and
wound up maintaining several projects within the community.

We need to think about the future. Aaron Seigo won't be around
working on KDE forever, unfortunately. Nor will I. I'd like to
make sure we have replacements.

Cheers,
Eike