[kde-community] Proposal: KDE Manifesto wording revision

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Nov 11 10:12:12 GMT 2013

On Monday, November 11, 2013 10:56:11 Eike Hein wrote:
> On Monday 11 November 2013 10:29:07 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > i’ll also point out that we already have a tiered system: maintainers.
>
> Psychology matters. It's a lot easier to step up to become a

right, so not all tiered systems are bad. it depends on the implementation of
them and what the resulting attributes are due to that implementation.

ergo concern about “second class citizens” is unwaranted and in fact goes
against healthy and well-formed processes we already see in KDE.

so if the ONLY clause was somehow intended to address the “second class
citizen” issue, it should be evident how it can not do so in its current form
and also remain consistent with KDE’s current, consensus culture.

--
Aaron J. Seigo