[kde-community] Why were there no talks about Ubuntu Mobile at Akademy?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Aug 15 21:20:42 BST 2013

On Thursday, August 15, 2013 22:11:56 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 15. August 2013, 21:34:44 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> > [...] and are
> > using KDE technologies such as Marble and apparently Konsole (?) quietly
> > without any apparent contact with the projects may also be another
> > negative
> > indicator.
>
> People love rumors, so give them to them, especially if they help keeping
> images simple, and life is complex enough ;)

This was not the intent nor my motivation.

On this list people were surprised to hear about this; people were assuming
that that KDE code was not being used and there wasn’t much or any in the way
of communication about the fact that there is indeed. When shared, that was a
(positive) surprise. Ergo my observation.

> But the rumor about Marble I have to spoil a little, as things were
> initiated right in front of me, between Michael Zanetti, proud owner of KDE
> and Canonical hats, and Mr. Marble tackat himself, and right at Akademy.

That’s really great news, thanks for sharing.

I happily withdraw my comments about Marble.

--
Aaron J. Seigo