[kde-community] Why were there no talks about Ubuntu Mobile at Akademy?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Aug 15 21:11:56 BST 2013

Am Donnerstag, 15. August 2013, 21:34:44 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> [...] and are
> using KDE technologies such as Marble and apparently Konsole (?) quietly
> without any apparent contact with the projects may also be another negative
> indicator.

People love rumors, so give them to them, especially if they help keeping
images simple, and life is complex enough ;)

But the rumor about Marble I have to spoil a little, as things were initiated
right in front of me, between Michael Zanetti, proud owner of KDE and
Canonical hats, and Mr. Marble tackat himself, and right at Akademy.
Michael missed a good navigation program on his otherwise by own definition
quite usable Ubuntu Touch phone (dogfooding), and Torsten encouraged him to
take Marble and port it to Qt5, including the routing code.

"apparent", "may"... let's try to stay with facts even when emotional, yes? :)

Cheers
Friedrich