[kde-community] Proposals for dealing with bad behavior

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 10:15:45 BST 2013

On Thursday 08 Aug 2013 11:05:57 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> I have seen very few comments on this. Does that mean everybody agrees, it
> is perfect and I can put this up for a vote, which will get 100% approval?
> It is a bit surprising that we got it right after just one round of
> discussion at Akademy, I think we should create proposals there more often
> ;-)

This all sounds like a good idea to me.  I've only had a quick read through
the document, but I'm satisfied that it's been thought through very carefully,
and I see nothing that I'm concerned about.  This will definitely be better
than having no policy at all, and I'm sure that each case of bad behaviour
will be considered carefully regardless.  That is, I think it's very unlikely
that adopting such a policy will suddenly cause lots of banning and unrest.

In short, I see plenty of positives in adopting this policy, and almost no
negatives.

Paul