[kde-community] Proposals for dealing with bad behavior

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 10:05:57 BST 2013

On Friday 02 August 2013 14:44:52 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> At Akademy, Valery, Peter and myself organized a BoF session about conflict
> handling. Valery wanted to discuss the situation around mailing list- and
> IRC moderation; I had a proposal for those few cases (just a handful in the
> history of our community) when things really go out of hand.
>
> I've updated the wiki page with the notes. You can find there two proposals:
>
> One to essentially set up a communication channel for the IRC, Forum and
> Mailing List moderators; and urge them to come up with some kind of process
> and/or documentation for dealing with unpleasant behavior.
>
> The second, the 'stormy day' scenario, is a proposal from myself to allow
> the CWG to deny people who are unwilling to adapt their behavior to our
> community access to our infrastructure; initially for a two-week cool-down
> period but at some point for much longer periods.
>
> http://community.kde.org/Akademy/2013/ConflictResolution
>
> We would appreciate your feedback. The first step (the communication channel
> for moderators) is already in the process of being executed; the second
> proposal will need to be discussed and vote don by the e.V. membership.
> However, I'd like to invite everybody, members and non-members alike, to
> comment upon it.
>
> Oh and from the others who were present at the BoF, besides a thank you, a
> request: please check if it is complete and accurate! I might have missed
> things.
>
> Greetings and hugs,
> Jos Poortvliet

I have seen very few comments on this. Does that mean everybody agrees, it is
perfect and I can put this up for a vote, which will get 100% approval? It is
a bit surprising that we got it right after just one round of discussion at
Akademy, I think we should create proposals there more often ;-)

Greetings,