[kde-community] Tupi: Open 2D Magic

Gustav González xtingray at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 12:45:47 BST 2013

2013/6/23 Andreas Cord-Landwehr <cordlandwehr at kde.org>

> **
> One maybe problematic point I noted is the license: In KDE we require all
> source code to be GPL v2 compatible [1], meaning GPL v3 does not comply
> with the license policy. Hence, would relicensing the code to be GPL v2
> compatibly (e.g. to license "GPL v2 or GPL v3 or any later") be an option?

    Ironies of life: when I changed the license of Tupi from GPLv2 to
GPLv3, I did it looking for "more freedom" or something
    like that. I have no idea about laws but as far as I understood, the
version 3 ensures that the code will be always available
    for the people "more than" the version 2, at least for some specific
cases. Anyway, it doesn't matter any more.

    Question: How should I make this license change without getting in a
legal issue? I mean: it can be done without any kind
    of trouble? I'll appreciate your guide on this. I have no problem
changing the license again.

--
  Gustav Gonzalez
  xtingray at gmail.com