[kde-china] Updated Chinese(simplified) translation

Weng Xuetian wengxt在gmail.com
星期三 九月 9 09:48:54 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 09 September 2015 14:34:02 PDT, zwpwjwtz Wrote:
> Thanks. But I would like to explain something.
>
> At 2015-09-08 23:38:55, "Weng Xuetian" <wengxt在gmail.com> wrote:
> >I briefly check the diff you send and it is full of noise. For
> >example, you didn't change anything in
> >kde-workspace/plasma_runner_kill.po except header generated by poedit.
>
> There are some po files which do not contain the "Language" field. That will
> make poEdit to complain. So I did modify these files by add a "Language"
> field (as well as the "X-Generator" field changed automatically by poEdit).
> >You might want to hold on baloo_naturalqueryparser a little bit before
> >you really understand the syntax in it (you may need to check the code
> >
> >for that).
That doesn't seem to affect anything in real usage, so you don't need to touch
those or just change the necessary ones.

> I thought naturalqueryparser is a collection templates used to match query
> string. So I just translate each word to Chinese. If the query string does
> not really contain Chinese, I will keep them in their original state.
I feel reluctant to translate this parser because it is not designed for
language without "space separation". But you want to translate it anyway, my
understanding of the syntax is:
1. different expression is separated by semicolon.
2. different possible word is separated by bar.

For example
written|created|composed by $1;author is $1;by $1

means, to express the author in the query, it is possible to use
1. written by xxx
2. created by xxx
3. author is xxx
4. by xxx

to query the author field with "xxx". So there is no point to have duplicate
entry. And it is also possible to add different expressions in Chinese that
match with original text.

For example, for "created by xxx", it is possible to translate it into "由 $1 创
建|创作".

> >I suggest you pick a medium sized change in your diff and only send
> >that for review as a start, and then you will get some basic idea. And
> >don't forget to fix the space (between English and Chinese, see the
> >
> >ikde.org link for more details) before you send it in.
>
> I have uploaded the "extragear-edu" directory and attached it here.
>
> >You should work on master instead of stable, because sync to stable
> >will be done by lokalize automatically when we merge your translation.
> >
> >And always remember, the translation need to be done in their context.
> >If you are not sure, run the actual application, check the code, or
> >ask on maillist. I saw a lot of word-by-word translation problems in
> >your diff.
>
> Although I have not download the source code yet, I managed to understand
> the true meaning (within the context) of msgstr. I have never agreed with
> the idea of "word-by-word translation". So please tell me if there is
> anything improper in the translation this time.
That is more for pate/kate part. gcompris looks doesn't have such issue.

But let me list some other issue I found in your gcompris translation. It is
not complete, but you can get the idea.

1. Drop words
"arithmetic: table memory, enumeration, mirror image, balance the scale, "
"change giving, ..."
"算数:表格记忆、枚举、镜像、天平

Where is "change giving"?

"science: the canal lock, color mixing, gravity concept, ..."
"自然:运河闸、配色、重力……"

IMHO, "concept" should be translated. Also see issue of "canal lock" and
"color mixing" in next category. Though not falling in this category, I think
科学 is better than 自然 for science. After all, canal lock .. is not part of
"nature".

For "Tell a short story" and "讲故事", "short" is omitted? Well, for this case,
"讲故事" is acceptable, but it can also be troublesome if "tell a long story"
appears at some other place in the future.

2. Consistency in terminology
For example, if you compare "gcompris_qt" and "gcompris.appdata", there are
some shared terms and some of them are already translated in gcompris_qt but
not in gcompris.appdata.

color mixing is already translated into "颜料色彩混合" (And from the actual context,
I think it's correct) It is important to keep term consistent in different
place. Even if you find the translation inappropriate, you need to change it
in both files.

Translations of "Complete the puzzle" and "Complete the puzzle by dragging
each piece from the set of pieces on the left, to the matching space in the
puzzle." use different word for "puzzle".

3. Parentheses
We prefer space and half width ( for parentheses, instead of full width (. See
my ikde.org link for more details.

4. miscellaneous
There are also some small mistakes. For example, "Align four (against Tux)"
obviously does not mean "跟小企鹅比赛玩加法记忆游戏".

"小企鹅有一些隐藏的东西。" looks wrong for "Tux has hidden several items.", it should be
something like "小企鹅藏起了一些东西/物品".

5. Other nitpicking (Some place I think it is correct but can be improved)
You changed translation of "Your download finished successfully." from 你的下载成功完
成。 to 下载成功完成。"

"Hello ! My name is Lock." If you run the game, you will find that "Lock" is
the name of a dog, so maybe 我叫洛克 is better for this.

"The screen has 3 sections"/"屏幕有 3 部分". I'd prefer 屏幕分为 3 个区域/部分.

> I see there are some people in #kde-cn channel on freenode. But I wonder
> which one to ask for help (of translation). Maybe you can suggest one?
You don't need to mention specifc people, so anyone can join the discussion.
My ID is csslayer. Though unfortunately my timezone is GMT-8.

> Regards,
>

> zwpwjwtz

关于邮件列表 kde-china 的更多信息