Fwd: ECM unittest fails, why?

Johan Ouwerkerk jm.ouwerkerk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 18:08:21 GMT 2020

(Forwarded because I failed to reply to the list properly)

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 9:12 PM David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Can you reproduce the failure?
> I tried inserting a make clean in the instructions from my previous email,
> still passes.

No, I only looked at the logs and went "hmm..." at the `make clean`
which seemed to occur between moc and compile step(s).
One other thing you could try to do is to replicate the CI environment
more closely:

 1. docker pull the CI image, or build it locally
https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-tooling/-/tree/master/system-images
 2. Run the image, assuming it was tagged with debug:latest do
something like: docker run -it --entrypoint /bin/sh debug:latest You
should now have a shell inside a running container that looks fairly
similar to the actual build environment in CI.
 3. Then navigate your way around in the shell and try and reproduce
it there: creating a few dirs, git clone from anongit.kde, cmake,
gmake, ctest.

Regards,

 - Johan