ECM unittest fails, why?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Mar 22 20:11:59 GMT 2020

Thanks for your reply.

On dimanche 22 mars 2020 19:59:38 CET Johan Ouwerkerk wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 10:50 AM David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> > But this works fine here. One of the very first things that happen is [
> > 2%] Generating tr_thread_test.moc
> >
> > Any idea?
> > Can anyone reproduce the problem?
>
> One of the other things that is happening is `/usr/bin/gmake clean`.
> Could that have something to do with it?

Can you reproduce the failure?
I tried inserting a make clean in the instructions from my previous email,
still passes.

> Another thing that strikes me is that the order is compile -> test ->
> install for the framework, but for comparison for Keysmith it is
> compile -> install -> test.

We used to do that, but it's of course much better if a framework can be
tested without having to be installed first.
It models what happens to a developer in an IDE: make, and run test(s),
no install necessary.

> This might well be completely unrelated,
> but for Keysmith you do not get any 'noise' of CMake/gmake attempting
> to build stuff during the test run:
> https://build.kde.org/job/Extragear/job/keysmith/job/kf5-qt5%20SUSEQt5.12/22
> /execution/node/48/log/

The "noise" only shows up because of the test failure.
That's because of export CTEST_OUTPUT_ON_FAILURE=1, quite convenient to debug
failures.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5