D18167: Move -Wsuggest-override -Wlogical-op to regular compiler settings

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 22 19:40:52 GMT 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  Almost every project has already been gone over with clang-tidy.
  Including kwin which was then force-pushed back by you. This was back in June 2017.
  I've got little sympathy if we have a warning after explicitly reverting the fix to the warning.

  I don't particularly buy the arguments against:

  - It doesn't break git blame, as you need to know how to go quickly go through revisions to be able to use git blame in any real scenario anyway.
  - If you use the argument that the warning is useless then by definition an incorrect override is equally useless and therefore harmless.

  If kwin wants to do something special, (and given it does already for clang that seems like a non-issue, it would actually be removing code!), I disagree but won't stop it.

  I see no reason to revert this.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL