Status cmake/buildsystem

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Mar 30 18:41:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

here's an update on the status on the buildsystem side from my POV:

* getting stuff into cmake

Done (almost).
We contributed really a lot to the upcoming cmake 2.8.8 release (counting
Stephen, Yury, Modestas, Rolf and me as KDE-related, we sum up to 168 commits
for 2.8.8rc1)
The only thing left is improving the export-targets feature in cmake so one
set of exports can depend on another set of exports, i.e. it doesn't have to
be all in one file.

2.8.8 should have everything so that we can start to document how to do stuff
properly using the features available in 2.8.8, and stay with this
documentation for the first frameworks release.
We may need to require 2.8.9 due to the one issue which is left, but this will
not change how e.g. Config files will be generated etc.
IOW, I really want to settle on the feature set which will be in 2.8.8 with
that one exception.
Otherwise I can never start to write docs or examples or work on the
buildsystem in kdelibs etc.

* cmake support in Qt5
AFAICT this should be mostly done. Stephen does a great job there, there
should be only some fixes here and there left to do.

* buildsystem stuff in extra-cmake-modules and kdelibs

Still quite some work to do. From my side this was pushed back since getting
stuff into cmake was more urgent.
So I'll be able to spend time actually working on KDE in the next weeks
finally.

Stephen, Yury, any additions or corrections ?