Status cmake/buildsystem

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 19:30:38 UTC 2012

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> here's an update on the status on the buildsystem side from my POV:
>
> * getting stuff into cmake
>
> Done (almost).
> We contributed really a lot to the upcoming cmake 2.8.8 release (counting
> Stephen, Yury, Modestas, Rolf and me as KDE-related, we sum up to 168
> commits for 2.8.8rc1)

Yes, from looking at the RC1 announcement this looks like a great release.

Thanks for all the efforts.

> * cmake support in Qt5
> AFAICT this should be mostly done. Stephen does a great job there, there
> should be only some fixes here and there left to do.

Unfortunately we're going to have to be more explicit than I would prefer.
We won't be able to simply write

find_package(Qt5Widgets)

in order to get something usable, but we will have to use

find_package(Qt5Core)
find_package(Qt5Gui)
find_package(Qt5Widgets)

instead and then link to all of ${Qt5Core_LIBRARIES}, ${Qt5Gui_LIBRARIES}
and ${Qt5Widgets_LIBRARIES}.

That is, Qt modules are not aware of their link dependencies.

We can probably define a macro to help with this though.

http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,20599

This might be solvable in Qt 5.1, but I'll still have to work on finding out
what the complete solution should look like.

Thanks,

Steve.