Issue with cmake 2.8.6 & set_source_files_properties

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Nov 13 22:58:18 UTC 2011

On 13.11.11 23:01:46, Christophe Giboudeaux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get rid of the FindQt4.cmake we have in Akonadi in order to use the QT_USE_IMPORTED_TARGETS option but I encounter a build issue without it.

You can't, at least until your require CMake 2.8.7 and get your changes
to FindQt4.cmake upstream ASAP.

> in server/CMakeLists.txt, there's this line:
> set_source_files_properties(src/nepomuk/org.kde.nepomuk.QueryService.xml PROPERTIES INCLUDE "dbusoperators.h") followed by
> qt4_add_dbus_interface(libakonadiprivate_SRCS src/nepomuk/org.kde.nepomuk.QueryService.xml queryserviceinterface)
>
> With the local FindQt4, the file is correctly generated, the queryserviceinterface.h file has a #include "dbusoperators.h" line
> However, without this file, this include line is missing in the generated file (using CMake 2.8.6).

Thats because CMake's FindQt4 (or rather Qt4Macros.cmake) has no support
for reading any kind of extra arguments for the dbusxml2cpp call from
source properties. Apparently your team added that to your FindQt4.cmake
file without pushing this change upstream, so your stuck with your
FindQt4.cmake version until the upstream one gained the same feature and
you can require that new cmake version that has this feature included.

Andreas