Issue with cmake 2.8.6 & set_source_files_properties

Christophe Giboudeaux cgiboudeaux at gmx.com
Mon Nov 14 11:08:59 UTC 2011

On Sunday 13 November 2011 23:58:18 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 13.11.11 23:01:46, Christophe Giboudeaux wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to get rid of the FindQt4.cmake we have in Akonadi in order to
use the QT_USE_IMPORTED_TARGETS option but I encounter a build issue without
it.

> You can't, at least until your require CMake 2.8.7 and get your changes
> to FindQt4.cmake upstream ASAP.

That's not an issue. I just want to add a 'set(QT_USE_IMPORTED_TARGETS TRUE)
line in the top CMakeLists.txt. If the cmake version is not recent enough,
nothing will happen and the full path with be used in
AkonadiTargetsWithPrefix-*.cmake.

> > in server/CMakeLists.txt, there's this line:
> > set_source_files_properties(src/nepomuk/org.kde.nepomuk.QueryService.xml
PROPERTIES INCLUDE "dbusoperators.h") followed by
> > qt4_add_dbus_interface(libakonadiprivate_SRCS
src/nepomuk/org.kde.nepomuk.QueryService.xml queryserviceinterface)

> > With the local FindQt4, the file is correctly generated, the
queryserviceinterface.h file has a #include "dbusoperators.h" line
> > However, without this file, this include line is missing in the generated
file (using CMake 2.8.6).

> Thats because CMake's FindQt4 (or rather Qt4Macros.cmake) has no support
> for reading any kind of extra arguments for the dbusxml2cpp call from
> source properties. Apparently your team added that to your FindQt4.cmake
> file without pushing this change upstream, so your stuck with your
> FindQt4.cmake version until the upstream one gained the same feature and
> you can require that new cmake version that has this feature included.

That won't be needed it seems. I've just looked at cmake git. The NO_NAMESPACE
and INCLUDE parameters in the QT4_ADD_DBUS_INTERFACE macro now exist in cmake
master but not in any tag.

Christophe