Superbuild - location of the GIT clones

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Aug 22 21:12:12 UTC 2011

On Sunday 21 August 2011, Valentin Rusu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently SuperBuild uses a "per main KDE component" directory structure
> (kdebase, kdebindings, etc) each with it's own CMakeLists.txt. This file
> will direct cmake to create a build directory for each of this
> component. Each build directory has a Download sub-directory which
> automatically receives a GIT clone of the necessary dependencies and the
> main component's sources.
>
> This ends with a set of Build sub-directories holding git clones of KDE
> (or non KDE, but necessary dependencies) sources. The layout of these is
> not very intuitive IMO so if I want to work on the sources of one of

Hmm, it is
Sources/
        kfoo/
        kbar/
        kblub/

and next to it

Build/
      kfoo/
      kbar/
      kblub/

> these components, I'll need to guess (or use find) to get the location
> where these sources were downloaded.
>
> On the other hand, if we choose to use a Download directory directly
> under the main SuperBuild directory, then it'll become very easy to see
> what GIT repos we have and where are the sources we could work on.
>
> Any thoughts? Is it feasible? :-)

I don't really understand.
How would you like to have it ?

One thing I want to do is to use the actual repository names also for the
subdirectories, instead of "prettier" CamelCase names (I thought in the
beginning this would be a good idea, but now I think it is not).